The water quality on Cape Cod’s ponds and bays is bad and getting worse, according to the second annual State of the Waters report from the Association to Preserve Cape Cod (AAPC), a regional environmental advocacy and education organization. While the report says that public drinking water is “excellent” overall, the percentage of surface water with “unacceptable” quality increased from last year.
- Speak Up for Ponds and Lakes
- Pond Stories: How the Painted Turtle Got His Colors
- WBUR: Cape Cod’s water quality is getting worse, report finds
- WCAI: Water quality report: one-third of ponds tested on Cape Cod called ‘unacceptable’
- The Enterprise: APCC State Of The Waters Report: Optimism Despite Continued Water Quality Decline