Since its inception in 1968, APCC has been a science-driven organization for environmental protection and advocacy by applying our scientific knowledge to solving the Cape’s environmental issues.
How do we apply science?
- Scientifically trained and experienced staff use well-vetted scientific information to evaluate issues, provide recommendations, and plan and implement projects;
- Our decisions are informed by input from scientists, technical experts and other professionals outside the organization;
- Partnerships are key for sharing of information to achieve goals;
- Results of projects are used to evaluate progress in addressing problems;
- Monitoring programs utilize rigorous quality assurance procedures and are designed to be transparent in order to promote public understanding of the issues; and
- Science-based projects are designed to address major environmental problems by informing actions such as policies, outreach, or additional scientific activities to achieve results.
Our Science programs