In an historic step, the first-ever grants from the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund were issued on April 16, 2021 to local towns. Projects will include innovative strategies and alternative septic system technologies and wastewater treatment plants, as well as drainage improvements and water treatment programs. The ultimate goal is to improve water quality in freshwater ponds and marine resources. On this episode, we explain why it’s important and what it means for the future of clean water on Cape Cod.
- Speak Up for Ponds and Lakes
- Pond Stories: How the Painted Turtle Got His Colors
- WBUR: Cape Cod’s water quality is getting worse, report finds
- WCAI: Water quality report: one-third of ponds tested on Cape Cod called ‘unacceptable’
- The Enterprise: APCC State Of The Waters Report: Optimism Despite Continued Water Quality Decline