APCC Job Opportunities
APCC is seeking a candidate who is a consensus-builder, a critical and creative thinker, and one who recognizes the role of science in developing and implementing environmental policies and programs.
The Executive Director will act as the public face of the organization and will bring a proven track record of collaborative leadership with excellent communication, management and planning skills along with an understanding of how government functions on the federal, state and local levels. A strong financial management background is required along with a working knowledge of Cape Cod environmental issues. Fundraising is an important component of the position for both capital projects and the operational budget. The Executive Director will embody the passion of APCC’s Vision and Mission to the staff and external community.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership for the organization.
- Directs the activities of the staff in achieving the objectives of APCC as defined in the mission statement and the Strategic Plan, under the general guidance of the Board of Directors.
- Raises the visibility of the organization.
- Initiates development of programs, projects, policies, and position statements, as appropriate.
- Represents the organization in professional affairs, in community and public relations matters, and with volunteers, members, groups/individuals, and other organizations.
- Develops the annual operating budget in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and finances of the organization.
- Works with the Board of Directors, staff, and consultants on fund-raising through memberships, donations, planned giving, etc.
- Prepares grant proposals, and oversees preparation of grant proposals and manages grants.
- Supervises staff—directly and through responsible staff members—with final authority for hiring, salary determination, annual review, and termination.
- Maintains strong working relationship and good communications with Board of Directors, including participation in Board and committee meetings.
- Reports to the APCC Board of Directors.
Required qualifications include:
- Demonstrated strong collaborative leadership skills
- Demonstrated excellence in financial management Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage and build a small mission-focused staff team
- Working knowledge of Cape Cod environmental issues
- Understanding of federal, state and local government operations including knowledge of how regulatory policy/regulations are developed, implemented and monitored.
While not required the following skills/criteria are desirable:
- Background in Environmental Science or related field
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in personnel management
- Experience in developing and managing grants
- Experience in contract law
Salary is competitive for nonprofits and based on experience.
Please submit resume and cover to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Deadline for applications is February 24, 2017.