Polly Hill Arboretum Tour - Thursday, June 9th
This event is booked to capacity. However, if you would like to join our waiting list, please email your name and phone number, along with the names of any other members of your party to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if tickets become available.
Join APCC Director of Education & Outreach, Kristin Andres, for a boat ride to Martha’s Vineyard where we will meet up with the Executive Director of Polly Hill Arboretum (PHA), Tim Boland. Tim will personally take us on a special private tour of the grounds and buildings of PHA, share the history of the arboretum, expertly describe the flora and the many specimen collections, and talk about their native plant propagation program.
- If you are a photographer, wonderful opportunities await you.
- If you are a plant geek, you’ll be in heaven.
- If you are a native plant enthusiast, you will be inspired by the MV Type propagation program instituted by PHA.
- If you just want to take a field trip, come along!
$45 per person includes boat ride, taxi from the boat to the arboretum, and tour. Parking is free, but please carpool as parking is limited. Bring a bag lunch and beverage. When we arrive at the arboretum, lunches can be refrigerated.
- 8:15 Patriot Boat Water Taxi departs from Falmouth to Vineyard Haven – Water Shuttle parking location, 227 Clinton Ave (Main St turn onto Scranton St to the end at corner of Clinton Ave) Please be prompt! The boat waits for no one.
- 9:00 – arrive Vineyard Haven where we meet up with our taxi and travel by van to the arboretum.
- 9:30ish – arrive at PHA; restrooms available; peruse the gift shop
- 10:00 – PHA Executive Director Tim Boland greets us for a personal tour
- 12:00 – bag lunch; walk the grounds on your own
- 1:30 – leave PHA in vans to Oak Bluffs to walk around town, maybe grab an ice cream cone
- 3:45 – Patriot Boat Water Taxi departs**Please be prompt! The boat waits for no one.
- 4:15pm – arrive Falmouth
Field trip is rain or shine!
Space is limited.
If you have any questions please contact Kristin Andres at 508-619-3185.